Who we are
Our Functions and meetings
Reepham Town Council has 12 elected members representing the Town. Meetings are held on the second Wednesday of each month (excluding August) and meetings start at 7.30 p.m.
Meetings are held in the Town Hall. Dates and agendas of meetings are advertised at least three working days in advance on the Town Council notice board, in the Bircham Centre and on other noticeboards around the town. A copy of the agenda can also be downloaded from the website. Parishioners are welcome to attend all meetings and there is an opportunity during public participation time to ask questions about any matters concerning the parish. Click here for further information (Notes for the public attending Town Council Meetings)
How we can help you!
Reepham Town Council roles and responsibilities:
- Street Lighting – The town council have responsibility to maintain the 127 street lights in the town. If you have a light which is not working then contact us because we can arrange for it to be mended.
- Cemetery – we are responsible for the Cemetery in Whitwell Road and the upkeep of Norwich Road Cemetery. Please visit our Reepham Cemetery page for further information. We also have responsibility for the upkeep of St Mary’s Churchyard.
- Play Areas – we are responsible for the play areas on Stimpson’s Piece and Overton Way.
- Open Spaces – we are Trustees for Stimpson’s Piece recreational ground and pavilion. See Stimpson’s Piece page for more information
- Town Hall – The Town Council own the Town Hall. The Hall is looked after by the Town Hall Management Committee. Visit the Town Hall page for more information.
- Car Park – Although the car park on Station Road is owned by Broadland District Council, we are responsible for its management. Parking in Station Road is free of charge.
- Market Place – The Town Council own the Market Place and a market is held every Wednesday. Parking is available in the Market Place on a limited period of time basis.
- Common Land – we have responsibility for a triangle of land on Whitwell Common. The main part of the common is managed by Whitwell Common Trustees.
- Public Toilets – The public toilets in Pudding Pie Alley belong to Broadland District Council but the Town Council have a management responsibility to ensure they are well looked after.
- Grants – Each year the Town Council allocates a small amount of funding to local groups for projects which they are undertaking. Applications will be considered at Council meetings following receipt of the grant application. Click here to see the Grant award terms and conditions and to download an application form.
- Planning – We are consulted on most planning applications of interest to our community. Planning applications are carefully considered at each council meeting. A list of planning applications is displayed on the agenda although late planning applications (received after the agenda has been posted) may also be considered. The Town Council are consulted on key documents of concern to Reepham. Currently this includes the proposed development in Reepham as part of the Joint Core Strategy.
Several of our members are representatives on committees and other organisations in the town.
Reepham is situated in the District of Broadland and is under the responsibility of Broadland District Council whose office is located at Thorpe Lodge, 1 Yarmouth Road, Norwich, NR7 0DU.
Telephone number is 01603 431133 link to website www.broadland.gov.uk.