Congratulations to George Hardiment as she celebrates her 25th Anniversary of cleaning Reepham Public Toilets!!
George started working for Broadland District Council, cleaning the toilets on the 18th October 1992 and when responsibility for managing the toilets was passed to the Town Council, George came along too!
The Town Council would like to say a huge THANK YOU to George for all her hard work and enthusiasm, often going above and beyond the call of nature, sorry I mean duty! George is NOT retiring, so the Town Council and all the users of the public toilets are looking forward to another 25 years of excellent service!!
Following concerns about the proposed cable corridor for the wind farm, the Town Council agreed to send the following letter to Vattenfall drawing attention to the site of St Marys Church or Chapel in Kerdiston.
The following image of the church / chapel was also sent.
At the Trustee of Stimpson’s Piece meeting held on the 9th March 2016, the Trustees unanimously agreed that restrictions for dogs on Stimpson’s Piece (initially approved in 2008) should be reintroduced in light of the increasing amount of dog’s mess found on the field.
Whilst the Trustees recognise that the reintroduction of these restrictions may impact on the pleasure and enjoyment of dog walkers at Stimpson’s Piece, these measures are necessary to ensure the health and safety of other users of the field.
Signage has been installed to inform members of the public.
The restriction is as follows
Following the resignation of Marion Korman, the Town Council wish to advertise the Casual Vacancy in the Office of Town Councillor
Notice is hereby given:
- A casual vacancy in the office of Town Council exists on Reepham Town Councillor
- An election by ballot according to the Election Rules will be held if a request in writing to that effect, signed by ten local government electors for the electoral area, is delivered to The Chief Executive, Broadland District Council, Thorpe Lodge, 1 Yarmouth Road, Thorpe St Andrew, Norwich, NR7 0DU not later than 5th December 2017
- If an election is not requested, the town council will fill the vacancy by co-option
Reepham Town Council still need to find 4 willing volunteers to join them (co-opt) on the Council!
Being a Councillor is interesting and sometimes challenging work but it’s satisfying to make a constructive contribution to your local community.
- Meetings are held on the second Wednesday of every month (except August)
- No specific experience required
- Full support & training is available
- A fulfilling and challenging opportunity to enhance the well-being of local residents
The Town Council is responsible for the management and monitoring of the Cemeteries, Churchyard, Public Toilets, Car Park, Allotments, Market Street, Lighting, The Town Hall, Stimpson’s Piece, Verge Cutting and Grit Bins. It is consulted on all planning applications. It supports local events and grant funds to local groups.
See ‘information for prospective Councillors’ on the ‘Officers and Members’ page of this website
If you would like further information, please don’t hesitate to get in touch!
Jo Boxall (Town Clerk)